PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR ARTISTS
HB Studio offers a variety of special focus acting workshops throughout the year on topics related to both artistic and career development. These offerings are designed for theater artists looking to sharpen and expand their skills and build professional peer relationships. Our list of upcoming workshops is updated regularly.
- Shakespeare and the Musical Theater (Stephen DeRosa)
- Show Me the Money: Financial Empowerment for Artists (David M. Sharp)
- Voice Over: Cartoons & Videogames (Theresa Buchheister)
- G. B. Shaw Scene Study (Austin Pendleton)
- Pop that Frame (Portia)
- Audition Technique for Stage & Screen (Pat Golden)
- Building a Character with Uta Hagen Exercises (Paul Pryce & Julissa Roman)
- The Art of Transformation: Williamson Technique Applied to Uta Hagen’s Character Conditions (Janice Orlandi)
This program is supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council and by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.