Part of ACTING WITH CONSENT: A Fall 2019 series
Presented by: Judi Lewis Ockler.
A 5-week course study of Intimacy for stage and screen performance by Intimacy Directors Judi Lewis Ockler and Mitch McCoy of Intimacy Directors International. During this course, you’ll get an overview of numerous aspects of how to safely and effectively tell the story of Intimacy in Performance using the Pillars of IDI.
“Intimacy” in a performance context evokes images of kissing and sexual acts. But the term “Intimacy” also refers to the closeness between dear friends, family, old enemies, and addressed during scenes of sexual violence. Details in choreography keep you connected to your scene partners, both emotionally and physically while respecting personal boundaries.
- Actor’s prep for scenes of Intimacy, including script work, physical work, and emotional preparation
- Communication of Personal Boundaries and other professional etiquette practices
- Best practices and recommended working conditions
- Consent in the theatre workplace
- Psychological safety
- SAG-AFTRA and Actor’s Equity codes
Recommended for pairing with Stage Combat. Purchase both together for $15 off!