To be held online via Zoom:
For directors both experienced and beginning, this 10-week class, led by Director/Casting Director Pat Golden, takes you through the director’s process.
Classes focus on:
- Text analysis – classical and contemporary plays
- Script Interpretation
- Casting and collaboration with Casting Directors
- Working with the Actor
- Spacial relationships, composition & blocking on Zoom
These topics are explored and reinforced during the prep and rehearsal of scenes during class. Classes will include director’s prep, text analysis, casting sessions, and in-class rehearsals. In class you will experience working with these concepts in a practical manner using a scene you select from an existing play.
You’ll have the opportunity to cast actors from HB’s community and student pool and to audit acting classes at HB for the purpose of casting your scene.
Participants will have the opportunity to become involved at the ground level as directors and assistant directors in HB Studio’s 2021-2022 Performance Labs.
- Class Sessions: Wednesdays, Sep 15 – Nov 17, 2021, 3:00-6:00 PM (3 hours, 10 sessions)
- AUDITION DAY #1 – Wednesday, October 6, 3:00- 7:00 PM (4 hours)
- AUDITION DAY #2 – Thursday, October 7, 1:30 – 7:00PM (5.5 hours)
BEFORE THE FIRST DAY:
- Email email@example.com with the following:
- PDF-versions of 2 different plays by known and established playwrights that interest you. From those two scripts, select 1 possible scene from each to submit for approval. The scenes should include no more than 2-3 characters. Email PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your headshot and resume
- A CHALLENGE FOR THE ACTOR (Chapters 10 and 11) by Uta Hagen
- TRUE WEST by Sam Shepard