To be held online via Zoom:
For directors both experienced and beginning, this 10-week class, led by Director/Casting Director Pat Golden, takes you through the director’s process.
Classes focus on:
- Text analysis – classical and contemporary plays
- Script Interpretation
- Casting and collaboration with Casting Directors
- Working with the Actor
- Spacial relationships, composition & blocking on Zoom
These topics are explored and reinforced during the prep and rehearsal of scenes during class. Classes will include director’s prep, text analysis, casting sessions, and in-class rehearsals. In class you will experience working with these concepts in a practical manner using a scene you select from an existing play.
You’ll have the opportunity to cast actors from HB’s community and student pool through an audition process organized by participants in HB’s The Art of Casting workshop, and to audit acting classes at HB for the purpose of casting your scene.
Participants will have the opportunity to become involved at the ground level as directors and assistant directors in HB Studio’s 2021-2022 Performance Labs.
- Wednesdays, 3-6PM, June 16 – August 18 (10 sessions)
- Thursday, 2PM-8PM, July 1 – Casting: View Actors’ self taped auditions with Casting Directors (long day!)
- Thursday, 6PM-9PM: Casting: Call Back Auditions on Zoom with Actors & Casting Directors
- Final Open Class Presentation of Scenes in Class: Wednesday, August 18, 3-6PM
- A CHALLENGE FOR THE ACTOR (Chapters 10 and 11) by Uta Hagen
- Two plays TBD
You will be asked to provide your theatrical or professional resume.