Position Title: Marketing Manager – FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: Executive & Artistic Director of HB Studio
Founded by Viennese actor/director Herbert Berghof in 1945, HB Studio is one of the original New York acting studios, providing training and practice in the performing arts. We are a nonprofit organization that supports vigorous, lifelong practice in the theater, based on a solid foundation of practical training. Our students, faculty, and alumni form a vibrant community of actors, playwrights, and directors, active in all aspects of the performing arts.
HB Studio is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative marketing professional to lead all aspects of our marketing efforts. Your main responsibilities will be leading campaigns that increase enrollment in our classes, build loyalty amongst our students and generate awareness with our alumni and the broader theater community about the great work happening here.
- Work with leadership team to develop a comprehensive marketing and advertising strategy.
- Liaise with key staff members in the areas of programming, development and registration.
- Lead internal advertising to promote theater performances to faculty and students.
- Ensure that external and internal marketing are cohesive.
- Identify opportunities for internal advertising.
- Coordinate the marketing agencies and partners.
- Establish an advertising campaign including online magazines, playbill, OOH, mobile, etc.
- Manage graphic design marketing materials – benefit materials, print ads, brochures, etc.
- Ensure website is updated regularly with new information.
- Improve search engine results for the website, working with our SEO vendor.
- Implement a program that encourages positive client feedback and reviews on websites.
- Make recommendations towards improving the appearance, features & functionality of the website.
- Create and update the website content regularly for our homepage, fundraising, events, and press.
- Conduct social media strategy team meetings periodically.
- Track efficacy of marketing efforts using available analytics tools, make recommendations and adjustments based on trends.
- Create and implement email marketing campaigns.
- Manage and design content for social media campaigns across several active channels, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Maintain and coordinate the creation of photo and video assets.
- Establish international student outreach and marketing campaigns.
- Create and maintain customer partnerships by coordinating events, newsletter, ongoing email communications, and site visits.
- Promote monthly schedule of events, working with leadership and board members.
- Act as a key representative at theater industry events.
- Public Engagement – assist with community outreach.
- Event planning and Facilitation.
- Create various marketing materials as required.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative. A commitment to quality, a passion for what you do, a sense of humor and an ability to work collaboratively are a MUST.
- You must be a strategic yet creative thinker and a go-getter!
- Strong writing skills for writing, review and revisions to marketing. Must pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Previous digital marketing experience with demonstrable results.
- You must have a good eye to be able to recognize good (and not so good) design and be able to communicate and work collaboratively with web and graphic designers to execute campaigns.
A bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or related communications field a plus.
- Management: 1 year
- Marketing: 1- 3 years
- Acquisition marketing experience and social media marketing experience a plus
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised:
Reports initially to HB Studio Executive and Artistic Director. Supports and coordinates with Registration, Fundraising, Program, Finance and Production staff. Must interact well with board, faculty, guest artists, staff, and students while maintaining separation and discretion and upholding Studio policies and restrictions.
Special Working Conditions:
Additional hours/weekends may be required for recruiting and special events. All staff members are expected to take part in the Studio’s annual Spring-Clean up week in April/May.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com, using the subject line “Marketing Manager.”
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: