Intensive Full-Time Training for Actors
Uta Hagen was one of the foremost acting teachers of the 20th century. A celebrated actress in her own right, she trained many of the outstanding actors of the American Stage and Screen. The Uta Hagen Institute at HB Studio offers full-time immersion in the practical approach to acting craft that characterized Uta Hagen’s legendary master classes and classic acting texts. Its two key programs, the six week Hagen Summer Intensive and the year long Hagen Core Training, are highly structured, integrated courses for students with serious professional and artistic intent. Students will leave these programs with greater powers of self-observation, clarity about what the actor’s work entails, and an understanding of how to approach that work with confidence.
Applications now being accepted for The Uta Hagen Institute’s year-long Core Training Program (2017-18), contact Uta Hagen Institute Administrator Jim Boerlin: email@example.com or 212.675.2370 x38
How It Works
- Application, audition and interview are required for admission
- The students accepted to either program train together as a group in all classes
- Class schedules are predetermined according to a set curriculum
- Classes meet five days a week, with regular sessions in Acting, Voice, Movement, Speech and Alexander Technique
- Class size is limited
- The teachers collaborate to track individual progress and to mentor each student
Choose from the list of program offerings for specific details.