The Hagen Summer Intensive is a rigorous, 6-week workshop that probes the practical applications of Uta Hagen’s technique as discussed in her book A CHALLENGE FOR THE ACTOR. Through acting technique, scene study, script analysis, and technical exercises, “The Six Steps” will become an integral part of the actor’s craft. When you have strong technique and more confidence in how to find yourself in the role, acting will be joyful. Classes include: Acting Technique, Scene Study, Alexander Technique, Movement & Voice
2019 HAGEN SUMMER INTENSIVE
- Mondays – Fridays, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- June 24, 2019 – August 2, 2019 (Orientation on June 23, 2019)
- Tuition: $3,250
- Apply NOW for The Hagen Summer Intensive 2019
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis
(includes $50 non-refundable application fee)
*Log into your account from a computer – not a phone or tablet
For your audition please prepare two contrasting contemporary monologues, three-minutes each. You may audition in person or, for those outside the NYC area, via video submission. Please indicate your preference when filling out your application.
- Audition in person:
- by appointment at HB Studio, NYC.
- Audition via video submission:
- Share a link to your online video audition (Vimeo, YouTube, personal website, etc.) when prompted to do so in your application.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A rigorous, integrated 6-week training that probes the practical applications of Uta Hagen’s approach to acting
- A faculty of master practitioners
- A direct, in-depth approach to your work and a safe, supportive, challenging environment
- To strengthen your craft and stretch all aspects of your instrument
- To complete the Intensive a stronger, more knowledgeable, more confident actor