The Hagen Summer Intensive is a rigorous, 6-week workshop that probes the practical applications of Uta Hagen’s technique as discussed in her book A CHALLENGE FOR THE ACTOR. Through acting technique, scene study, script analysis, and technical exercises, “The Six Steps” will become an integral part of the actor’s craft. When you have strong technique and more confidence in how to find yourself in the role, acting will be joyful. Classes include: Acting Technique, Scene Study, Alexander Technique, Movement & Voice
2018 HAGEN SUMMER INTENSIVE
- Mondays – Fridays, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- June 25, 2018 – August 3, 2018 (Orientation on June 24, 2018)
- Tuition: $3,250
APPLICATIONS AND AUDITIONS:
- Applications for Hagen Summer Intensive 2018 are now closed.
- To schedule a NYC Audition, contact Jim Boerlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video auditions for those outside the NYC area are accepted on a rolling basis.
- For your audition please prepare two contrasting contemporary monologues, three-minutes each.
(includes $50 non-refundable application fee)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A rigorous, integrated 6-week training that probes the practical applications of Uta Hagen’s approach to acting
- A faculty of master practitioners
- A direct, in-depth approach to your work and a safe, supportive, challenging environment
- To strengthen your craft and stretch all aspects of your instrument
- To complete the Intensive a stronger, more knowledgeable, more confident actor