The Hagen Summer Intensive is a rigorous, 6-week workshop that probes the practical applications of Uta Hagen’s technique as discussed in her book A CHALLENGE FOR THE ACTOR. Through acting technique, scene study, script analysis, and technical exercises, “The Six Steps” will become an integral part of the actor’s craft. When you have strong technique and more confidence in how to find yourself in the role, acting will be joyful. Classes include: Acting Technique, Scene Study, Alexander Technique, Movement & Voice.
2022 HAGEN SUMMER INTENSIVE
- Mondays – Fridays, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- June 27, 2022 – August 8, 2022 (Orientation on June 26, 2022; No classes July 4, 2022)
- Tuition: $3,250
- Accepting Applications for Summer 2022 – Apply Now!
- Early Admissions Deadline: March 5, 2022
- Applications are considered on a rolling basis
(includes $50 non-refundable application fee)
*Fill out application from a computer – not a phone or tablet
For your audition please prepare two contrasting contemporary monologues, three-minutes each. Due to Covid-19, all auditions are currently taking place by appointment virtually over Zoom. You will be contacted to schedule your audition after you submit your application.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A rigorous, integrated 6-week training that probes the practical applications of Uta Hagen’s approach to acting
- A faculty of master practitioners
- A direct, in-depth approach to your work and a safe, supportive, challenging environment
- To strengthen your craft and stretch all aspects of your instrument
- To complete the Intensive a stronger, more knowledgeable, more confident actor